Digital Advertising Sales Professionals: Stay Competitive In Your Career
Digital media moves fast. Clients expect you to understand their needs, and advertising jobs require that you stay on top of your game to succeed. You can build client credibility, increase your salary potential and enhance your career credentials with IAB US’s Digital Media Sales Certification, which is fully endorsed by IAB Canada.
This is the only professional certification created specifically for digital media sales in North America. Empower yourself in today’s digital market with a credential that measures the knowledge needed to create effective online campaigns.
The IAB Digital Media Sales Certification: One Year Later, By Michael Theodore, VP Training and Development, IAB (June 26, 2013)
IAB’s Digital Media Sales Certification Recognized In Canada, By Samuel Parent, VP Education & Quebec, IAB Canada (July 3, 2013)
Created To Instil Deeper Trust With Clients
Advertising buyers and agencies told us that they wanted an industry benchmark to easily differentiate those professionals who are truly educated in selling digital media. We listened. In 2012, IAB US gathered leaders in digital advertising to create the highest industry standard for digital advertising sales, the Digital Media Sales Certification. IAB Canada evaluated the DMSC process and exam (actually undergoing it) and can vouch for it being wholly valid for the Canadian marketplace.
In its first year in the US, more than 500 sales professionals from dozens of leading companies have earned this prestigious certification.
Digital Media Sales Certification raises your professionalism by demonstrating your knowledge of the most important concepts, guidelines and best practices in interactive advertising.
The program requires that you meet the professional standards set by the leaders in the digital advertising industry, by taking an administered exam, and then maintain your credentials through recertification.
1. Make sure you review the Candidate Handbook, FAQ page (test dates, cost, etc.) and eligibility requirements.
2. Start the 15-minute application process here. You will pay for your exam at the end of the application.
3. If you are eligible, we’ll email you within 1-3 business days, with an approval of your application and instructions to on how to schedule your exam.
4. Schedule your exam with Pearson VUE. Look up a local testing center here (there are centers in most Canadian cities).
5. Review for the exam with our Study Guide and Practice Exam (approved applicants only). You can also see our list of IAB Canada courses relevant to the DMSC for additional training.
Certification & Evaluation Process
1. Show up to your exam with two (2) IDs that match your application name.
Test results will be given immediately at the end of your exam with pass or fail grade.
2. If you pass, you’ll receive an email notification from the Certification Commission within a few weeks. We will mail you your certificate within four (4) weeks after the end of the testing window. Candidates who do not pass will also receive formal notification from the Certification Commission.
3. Renew your credentials by meeting our recertification requirements and submitting documentation to maintain certification every 24 months after your exam date.
Study Guides & Training
IAB Certification Resources
Digital Media Training
IAB Canada Education
IAB Canada offers in-person and custom sessions designed for sales people and sales teams covering either the entire curriculum required for the DMSC or those elements required by the team in question.