Table of Contents
New for 2017!
Secure a Competitive Edge Among Media Buyers & Planners With the Industry’s Only Globally Recognized Credential
When creating digital advertising campaign recommendations today, there is a vast multitude of channels, ad units, technology platforms and partnerships available to select from which makes planning and strategy more complicated than ever before. Taking theIAB Digital Media Buying and Planning Certification demonstrates that you, as a media professional, have the base-line knowledge needed to perform in your role while meeting your client’s or brand’s needs in an effective and intelligent manner.
The program provides a deeper trust for clients who place their brand investment in the hands of their media agency representatives. This credential is also for marketers looking to showcase their understanding of the digital ecosystem to peers and employers.
The IAB Digital Media Buying & Planning Certification was created for media and marketing professionals of all career levels across media buying, media planning, strategy and analytics. This includes coordinators, managers, directors and executives.
Need some help preparing for the exam? IAB Canada now offers a full-day course on Digital Media Buying and Planning!
How Does it Work?
IAB Digital Media Buying and Planning Certification raises your professional stature by demonstrating your knowledge of the most important concepts, guidelines and best practices in digital media planning strategy allowing you to serve you clients’ needs to the best of your ability.
The program requires that you meet the professional standards set by the leaders in the digital advertising industry by taking an administered exam and then maintaining your credentials through re-certification.
- Review the eligibility requirements to ensure you will be approved to write the exam
- Email IAB Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a discount code to reduce your exam fee
- Register for an account with IAB (or login if you already have an account). This will be a seperate login than the one you have for the IAB Canada website
- Start the 15-minute application process. You will enter the provided code and pay for your exam at the end of the application.
- If you are eligible, we’ll email you within 3-5 business days, with an approval of your application and instructions to on how to schedule your exam.
- Schedule your exam with Pearson VUE. Look up a local testing center here.
- Study! You can review the study guides here or sign up for our in-person prep course.
Who is Eligible?
Candidates are considered eligible for the Digital Media Buying and Planning Certification exam if they meet one of the following criteria:
- Two (2)-years of work experience in Digital Media Buying and Planning
- A minimum of 30 hours* of continuing education in digital media; preferably Media Buying and Planning from an institute of higher education or professional training program
- Two years of experience in a digital advertising role plus 30 hours of continuing education in data analytics and management OR two years in non-digital data analytics plus 30 hours of continuing education in digital advertising
If you have any questions about who is eligible to write the DBPC exam please contact us at email@example.com.
Testing Dates & Locations
Once your application has been approved, you can schedule to write your exam on a date and time that is convenient for you.
- There are no testing windows for the Digital Media Buying and Planning exam, it can be taken anytime year-round however you must write your exam within 6 months of being approved.
- There are Pearson testing centres located throughout Canada.
Taking the Exam
The 2-hour computer-based exam is offered in a controlled test centre (Pearson VUE). When you arrive at the testing facility you will need to provide two (2) IDs that match your application name.
The exam contains 100 multiple-choice questions covering six (6) basic areas:
- Collaborating on Campaign Briefs
- Executing Campaigns
- Managing Campaigns
- Creating Media Strategies
- Developing Digital Media Plans
- Educating Stakeholders
You will be given a pass/no pass mark immediately at the centre with the certification mailed to you a few weeks after.
IAB Canada is offering its members and Canada-based non-members preferential rates compared to the standard IAB US rates. IAB Members benefit from additional discounts. You can see the pricing below. If you are not yet an IAB Canada member but would like to join, please click here.
(includes a $50 non-refundable application fee)
|$400 + HST/GST||$500 + HST/GST|
(if candidate does not pass the first time)
|$175 + HST/GST||$175 + HST/GST|
(with > 24 hours notice)
|$0 (exam fee refunded)|
(with 24 hour notice, i.e. “no show”)
Verifying A Certification
The Certification Department of IAB shall release the name and certification status of those who have successfully completed the Digital Certification examinations and who have met all certification requirements upon request. Please email Certification Department of IAB at firstname.lastname@example.org with the candidates full name, company and title.