Table of Contents
The IAB Ad Operations Certification credential is the only professional industry-led certification created specifically for Digital Advertising Operations. It creates confidence in your business practices and most importantly in your clients.
Additionally, Ad Ops roles are increasingly becoming more customer-facing. This credential creates confidence in your business practices and most importantly in your clients. The program helps Ad Ops leaders build their careers and supports candidates in securing jobs in the competitive marketplace.
IAB Digital Ad Operations Certification is available worldwide and to anyone working in digital ad operations at Advertising Agencies, Digital Publishers, Trading Desks, Demand and Supply-Side Platforms, Exchanges and Brands organizations.
New for 2017, IAB Canada is offering a full-day course on Digital Ad Ops to help you prepare for the exam.
How Does it Work?
Digital Ad Operations Certification raises your professionalism by demonstrating your knowledge of the most important concepts, guidelines and best practices in interactive advertising.
The program requires that you meet the professional standards set by the leaders in the digital advertising industry, by taking an administered exam, and then maintain your credentials through re-certification.
The Certification is valid for 2 years, after which you can either re-take the exam or re-qualify by obtaining continuous education credits through learning activities such as attending events, writing articles, etc.
Those with 2+ years of experience can in most cases take the exam based on their knowledge and skills gained on the job. The IAB US has also created a detailed study guide and materials that you can use to freshen up your digital knowledge.
Who is Eligible?
Candidates are considered eligible for the Digital Ad Operations Certification exam if they meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience in Digital Advertising Operations.
- Digital Advertising Operations is defined as those work processes that enable, transact, track, measure and evaluate the buying and selling of digital media inventory for publishers and agencies.
- It can also include operational roles in the companies and for the services that enable publishers to optimize the selling of digital media and agencies and marketers to optimize the planning and buying of digital audiences.
- During the certification application process, eligible candidates will also be required to submit a signed Code of Ethics that all certified individuals must abide by and uphold.
For more information click on the below link:
Digital Ad Ops Certification – Eligibility Criteria
How do you get Certified? - The Process
1) Contact IAB Canada – Before you start your application, please contact IAB Canada to receive discount codes to access the discounted Canadian pricing.
2) Apply on the IAB US Website – Once you have maintained the correct codes from IAB Canada, you can commence your application. At the start of the application, you will first need to set up logins to the IAB US website. Please note these are not the same as your logins for IAB Canada website.
The online application form will take approximately 15 minutes to complete and you will be required to include details of your past experience so please have these ready. To benefit from the discounted IAB members and non-member rates for Canada, please ensure you have the correct discount code to hand and that you enter in the discount code at the checkout (contact IAB Canada for the codes).
3) Application Approval – If you are eligible, you will receive an email you within 1-3 business days, with an approval of your application and instructions to on how to schedule your exam. Please note you cannot schedule the exam until you receive this email and your unique candidate ID. For any questions on the application process from Canada, please don’t hesitate contact us
4) Schedule your Exam – The certification exams are available during quarterly test windows; however, the application can be submitted at any time. The exam can be taken at the many Pearson test centres throughout Canada. You can find your nearest test centre here.
5) Study! – To prepare for the exam you can review the IAB Study Guide and other resources offered by the IAB.
New for 2017 – IAB Canada now offers a full-day Ad Operations course to help you prepare for the exam!
6) Taking the exam – The 2-hour computer-based exam is offered in a controlled test centre (Pearson VUE) with various locations in major cities throughout Canada. You will be given a pass/no pass mark immediate at the centre with the certification mailed to you a few weeks after.
Dates & Locations
The test windows for 2016 listed below. Once your application has been approved, you can book a date and time that is convenient for you during one of the testing windows. Most of the Pearson testing centres have good availability options. Applications can be submitted at any time, however please note that it may take up to 15 days to be approved so please start the application process well in advance of the test window you are looking to attend.
Digital Ad Operations Certification Test Windows 2017
- 1 – 31 January 2017
- 1 – 30 April 2017
- 1 – 31 July 2017
- 1 – 31 October 2017
IAB Canada is offering its members and Canadan-based non-members preferential rates compared to the standard IAB US rates. IAB Members benefit from additional discounts. You can see the pricing below. If you are not yet an IAB Canada member but would like to join, please click here.
(includes a $50 non-refundable application fee)
|$500 + HST/GST||$750 + HST/GST|
(if candidate does not pass the first time)
|$125 + HST/GST||$175 + HST/GST|
(with > 24 hours notice)
|$0 (exam fee refunded)|
(with 24 hour notice, i.e. “no show”)
*Please note that the Certification fees are in Canadian dollars. Please contact us to retake any of the exams. The registration link above is for new certifications only.
*Group rates are available, contact us for more information
The IAB Digital Media Sales Certificate expires after two years. To maintain your certification, all candidates must first demonstrate continued work in digital media sales, as defined as a minimum of 12 months total employment out of the previous 24 months in addition to one of the below options.
1) Accumulate 24 continuing education credits via conferences, learning sessions, webinars, training, etc. It’s easy to earn credits. Credits must be related to the competency requirements of the Digital Ad Operations certification examination. See what qualifies.
2) Retake the exam. You should apply at least three months before their certification is due to expire in order to have sufficient time to schedule and take the exam in a test window.
To apply for re-certification contact us