IAB Canada is proud to offer the digital advertising industry a standard set of Terms & Conditions that can be used when booking a campaign.
Standard Terms & Conditions
The Terms & Conditions were updated in May 2013. Download the new version here.Standard Terms & Conditions (PDF)
Each year a task force of IAB Canada members assemble to review the current document and decide on whether further revisions are required. The latest Terms & Conditions release (2013) took over a year’s worth of meetings and negotiations to achieve a document that we can build upon further as the digital advertising industry matures.
Some notable changes from the previous version are highlighted below:
- By default, Media Company numbers are to be used for billing, if not indicated otherwise on the Insertion Order (IO)
- Agencies must be the authorized agent for their clients in order to use these T+Cs; if principle, ask for payment up front
- More protection for Publisher data
- The ability for addendums to be added (it is highly recommended to not change any wording within these standard Terms & Conditions)
- The continued inclusion of the Late Creative Policy; an important reminder for all companies
For those seeking further analysis, below are links to reference documentation to facilitate with your research. The first link below is a comparison of the 2008 version vs. the 2013 release, and the second link is a comparison between the IAB US and IAB Canada versions.IAB U.S. vs. IAB Canada Comparison Chart