The IAB Canada Digital Media Sales 2 day course was specially designed for media sales people to better understand the media they are responsible to generate revenues for. We will cover everything from the technical aspect of digital marketing (advertising formats, technologies, media math, policy and standards) to the human elements of selling such as how to conduct needs assessments, creating a proposal, analyzing performance + much more!
The course will focus on the four key areas of understanding you need to have know in order to be a successful and knowledgeable digital media salesperson:
1) Comprehending the Digital Advertising Ecosystem
2) Selling Digital Media
3) Managing Digital Advertising Campaigns
4) Analyzing Campaign Performance
Through a combination of instructor lead analysis of these topics, mini-exercises and quizzes, attendees will come away with an elevated knowledge of digital media, sales and have a higher chance of success when they sit for the certification exam. The course will highlight which topics will be covered in the exam as well as tips on how to be successful.
Learn more about the Digital Media Sales Certification.
What You’ll Learn
- Explore the online advertising ecosystem
- Understand where digital media fits relative to legacy media
- Get comfortable with the jargon (CPAs, CPMs, RTB, etc)
- Learn how to prepare and present digital media solutions to clients
- Learn about overcoming any objections clients may have
- Understand how to create value for your clients
- Explore new trends and technologies
- How to Successfully pass your Digital Media Sales Certification Exam
Day 1 – Eleanor Bothwell, Client Business Lead at Maxus
Day 2 – Cassandra Orford, Director of Marketing and Sponsorship at IAB Canada
Who Should Attend?
Sales teams at publishing organizations (digital or traditional). Perfect if you’re part of a publisher or network sales team and want to effectively sell online advertising and the benefits of digital.
Great for those preparing to sit for the Digital Media Sales Certification exam.
- Excellent course and instructors. Time and money well spent. Thank you – October 2016 Attendee
- Thank you for the insightful Digital Media experience! I learned quite a bit, and have my trusty book to review – Kelly Selleck, Ricardo Media
- I thought it was excellent, a great way to stay on top of industry trends and learning. The instructors were so knowledgeable and current, because they work in the industry. They didn’t rush and were so open to answering questions. – October 2016 Attendee
- Thanks for a great course! Wow — a lot to take in! – Angela Jones