New and Improved!
Programmatic advertising’s ever growing presence in Canada continues to change the way digital media is bought and sold. In 2018, it was estimated that programmatic accounted for 70.1% of all digital display ad spend* and that number is expected to continue to rise. Get up-to-speed on the basics of programmatic and much more with our all new intensive in-person course.
New for 2019, programmatic buying and selling advertising has gotten so big we couldn’t cover it all in just one day! – This year we have expanded our programmatic course by a half-day, allowing you to dive even deeper into the data side of programmatic advertising. Data has always been at the center of programmatic advertising but is all data created equally? To use it correctly you have to first know where the data is coming from, how it passes through the various systems and how you can leverage it.
DAY ONE – The Basics (Full Day)
Day one of the course will give you an overview of programmatic advertising; how it works, who the major players are, what the essential tools of the trade are as well as how it is planned and measured. The primary focus is on the buy side of the process, though the supply side is also covered, so as to give you a complete picture of the ecosystem. We will also look at programmatic “Hot Topics” like: fraud, viewability and transparency.
DAY TWO – Data Deep Dive (Half Day)
On day two we’ll look at data and its role in programmatic advertising: various types of data, how it is sourced, how it’s used in programmatic advertising and the legalities surrounding it. To finish the course we do live tech demonstrations so you can see how data is used in SSPs (Supply Side Platforms) and DSPs (Demand Side Platforms) to create successful programmatic campaigns.
Come with your questions and get ready to learn!
*Source: eMarketer, December 2018
This course was developed and is maintained by a committee of peers from across the industry.
What You’ll Learn
- Understand how programmatic advertising works and where it fits in the current digital media buying process.
- The various methods buyers and sellers can use to buy programmatically.
- How data can be sourced and used in programmatic advertising.
Who Should Attend?
This is an introductory course of value to all marketers, agency account directors, media planners and buyers, publishers and sales people who are new to programmatic advertising.
All attendees should have a good understanding of online display advertising prior to taking this course.
- I took part in the Programmatic Trading Course and it was THE BEST programmatic training course I have ever attended. Kudos to Tracy Ball who kept the group engaged and entertained the entire time. She’s a natural instructor, and her style of teaching is what made the course so enjoyable. – Victor Genova, Digital Account Executive, Blue Ant Media
- IAB Canada is a wonderful source of up to date, Canadian information about best practices, trends and skills. – Jacqueline Cook, Professor, George Brown College
- The Programmatic trading course is a key course for all digital and advertising marketing teams in Canada. Not only gives you a wide and updated perspective of programmatic ecosystem but sets you in the right direction of where the industry is heading to in the digital environment. – Javier Zambrano, Sheridan College
- Great course, Tracy was amazing! As a salesperson, I feel empowered and confident to have better client/agency conversations. Looking forward to putting these learnings and practices to use. Would recommend to colleagues, digital media buyers or sellers that want to get up to speed on the latest programmatic trends. – Nina Sturm, Digital Account Executive, Metroland Media