This event is now sold out!
IAB Canada’s State of the Nation event is the “do not miss” annual digital advertising summit that will be taking place again in 2023.
Developed to bring the industry together from coast to coast, this event is full of critical industry updates, top priorities for 2023 and an update on international activities that are important for agencies, advertisers, publishers and the ad tech community.
Interested in becoming a speaker or sponsor? Reach out to email@example.com
|11:30am – 12:00pm||AGM Registration: Only open to IAB Canada Members|
|12:00pm – 12:30pm||AGM (IAB Canada Members Only)
Sonia Carreno, President, IAB Canada
|12:30pm – 1:00pm||Event Registration|
|1:00pm – 1:05pm||Opening Remarks
|1:05pm – 1:20pm||The State of the Industry
A presentation highlighting findings from the 2022/23 Digital Ad revenue survey and an overview of key industry issues and opportunities for this year.
Sonia Carreno, President, IAB Canada
|1:20pm – 1:35pm||A Macro View of the Canadian Economy
A discussion on the current state of the Canadian economy with a focus on trends, categories and consumer behaviors that significantly impact the digital advertising sector.
Marwa Abdou, Senior Research Director, Canadian Chamber of Commerce
|1:35pm – 1:45pm||Digital Year in Review
With the competitive media landscape changing at pace in 2023, the Year in Review is a full wrap of 2022 from a holistic view of digital, social, advertising, and gaming consumers to better understanding audience insights in Canada and from a global perspective.
Paul Rich, Director, Canada, Comscore
|1:45pm – 2:05pm||Fireside Chat: How Top Canadian Brands are Responding
A fireside chat with The Globe and Mail and Scotiabank to discuss the opportunities and challenges in today’s climate.
Moderated by Sonia Carreno, President, IAB Canada
|2:05pm – 2:25pm||Panel: Canadian Privacy Landscape in Focus – Countdown to Compliance
A panel of leading privacy experts discuss the shifting requirements and complexities of the new privacy legislations that are coming from provincial and federal corners and what that means for business.
Moderated by Jill Briggs, Head of Policy, IAB Canada
|2:25pm – 2:45pm||Panel: Addressability in Action
Thought leaders from the ad tech world discuss the “so what” of the current addressability challenges, best practices, and real opportunities to navigate today’s media landscape.
Moderated by Rob Beeler, Founder & CEO, Beeler.Tech
|2:45pm – 3:00pm||Media Break|
|3:00pm – 3:10pm||Generative AI in Marketing
Generative AI is a disruptive technology with the potential to unlock and accelerate marketing creativity, content and campaigns. This presentation will cover the impact Generative AI will have on Marketing.
|3:10pm – 3:20pm||How AI will Make Marketing More Human
AI and machine learning may be the biggest boon to marketers since the invention of mass media. This presentation will explain how AI can supercharge programmatic advertising while liberating industry professionals from rote daily tasks so they can focus on the strategic and creative work that only humans truly excel at.
|3:20pm – 3:40pm||Panel: Threading the Needle on Regulated Marketplaces
Emerging categories bring challenges and opportunities. This discussion focuses on the constraints we face in a competitive category environment while also exploring some of the creative solutions to stay on the right side of the law.
Moderated by Catherine Bate, President & CEO, Ad Standards
|3:40pm – 3:55pm||Built by Industry for Industry – The IAB Tech Lab Road Map
Anthony Katsur, CEO, IAB Tech Lab
|3:55pm – 4:00pm||Closing Remarks
|4:00pm – 6:00pm||Social Networking
Drinks & Hors d’oeuvres
Thank you to our Sponsors
Elite Corporate Sponsors
- Sonia Carreno President, IAB Canada
- Jill Briggs Head of Policy, IAB Canada
- Marwa Abdou Senior Research Director, Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Erin McGrath Director, Marketing and Planning, Partnerships & Loyalty, Scotiabank
- Adam Kardash Partner Privacy & Data Management, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Pam Snively VP, Chief Data and Trust Officer, Telus Communications
- Anthony Katsur CEO, IAB Tech Lab
- Jordan Smart Director, Business Development, The TradeDesk
- Rob Beeler Founder & CEO, Beeler.Tech
- Catherine Bate President & CEO, Ad Standards
- Jed Schneiderman
- Andrew Saunders Chief Revenue Officer, The Globe and Mail
- Ayman Saab Managing Director, Sales & Marketing, Healthing, Postmedia
- James Prudhomme Chief Revenue Officer, Optable
- Gurpreet Sidhu Director - Strategy, Analytics and M&A - AI Strategy & Platforms, Deloitte
- Konrad Feldman Founder & CEO, Quantcast
- Jason Williams CEO, Kidoz
- Paul Rich Director, Canada, Comscore
- Oliver Spirito Global Manager, CMP Professional Services, OneTrust
- Caroline Moul President, PHD
- Barbara Piermont Director of Ads Strategy, Google
- Adam Seaborn Head of Partnerships (North America), Playmaker Capital