MARKETING AND EVENTS SPECIALIST (MARKETING)
|Position||Type||Company||Location||Interested?||MARKETING AND EVENTS SPECIALIST (MARKETING)||Full Time||The Globe and Mail, Toronto||Toronto||Apply Now|
The Globe and Mail is Canada’s foremost news media organization with award-winning coverage and analysis of news, business, politics, and lifestyle topics. We investigate stories that need to be told and publish on multiple platforms. Our award-winning work on topics such as sexual assault, veteran suicide, real estate, solitary confinement and thalidomide have launched political debate and policy change.
No matter what your role at The Globe, you’ll be part of an organization that makes a difference through courageous, empathetic and honest journalism.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and versatile Marketing and Events Specialist who can effectively multi-task between marketing communications, events and sponsorship activation, partnership management, and project coordination in support of our advertising division. Through Globe Media Group we deliver, to agencies and brands, full-service solutions across our product ecosystem including our digital partner network of 20+ of the world’s most respected publishers.
This role is also a key support for The Globe and Mail’s activation as the official representative in Canada for the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, serving as the primary lead on the Young Lions Canadian qualifying competitions.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Trade Marketing, you’ll be a great fit for the team if you are:
- A detail-oriented organizer and planner with experience building workback schedules, corralling cross-functional inputs and keeping projects on track
- A self-starter with an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, between projects stakeholders and tight timelines.
- A strong communicator who can effectively collaborate with teams across all levels of the organization.
- A creative thinker, problem solver, team player; curious, eager to learn, and most importantly, a nice person.
- Manage the trade team’s portfolio of events and on-site sponsorship activity including:
- Event ideation and project scoping across a variety of event formats – breakfast panels, C-Suite dinners, industry conferences, thought leadership summits.
- Development of workback schedules and asset requirements.
- Vendor sourcing and management.
- Creative asset development (digital invites, event signage, presentation templates, program materials).
- Guest list coordination; Eventbrite, ClickDimensions and CRM systems experience is an asset.
- Post-event coordination (attendee reporting, invoice tracking, eBlast communications).
- Support special requests and brainstorm proactive solutions for advertising sales team including agency-specific events, marketing promotion, contests and branded giveaways.
- Work closely with external vendors, including the sourcing of new vendors, where required, to build estimates based on defined budgets and objectives.
- Support execution of The Globe’s sponsorship of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, including:
- Serving as the project lead on the Young Lions program inclusive of promotional support, competition planning and administration, communications and logistical support.
- Liaising with Cannes Lions and Canadian contingent through the year on administrative requests and program support.
- Assist in the development and execution of marketing and communication plans for The Globe and Mail’s suite of advertising products, including the implementation of tactical on-site, programs and external communications for various marketing projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A background in marketing, communications or events is essential; a university or college degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ related experience, with focus on event coordination, project management, content marketing and marketing communication.
- Experience with creative briefs, workback schedules, and event planning as a marketing tactic is essential.
- Digital native with keen interest in visual design and branding; understanding of social media, email and content marketing are a plus.
- Knowledge of The Globe and Mail’s products and services and an understanding of the media advertising industry.
- Creativity, curiosity and an interest in both marketing and social trends is essential to thrive in this role.
- Event work occasionally requires commitment outside of regular business hours including early mornings and evenings.
THE GLOBE AND MAIL INC. IS DEDICATED TO EQUITY IN THE WORKPLACE
At The Globe and Mail, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.