Activation Client Strategy Manager — Nielsen
|Activation Client Strategy Manager
|Apr 20, 2022
The Global Nielsen Media Client Service & Sales team provides modern and effective services that meet client needs quicker, while giving Nielsen more control over how we service our clients. We will create capacity to elevate the work we do with clients to focus on market impact and business growth. We are at the forefront of customer experience and become an agent of change as we embrace automation to navigate the complex needs of our industry and continue to be the industry leader
The Client Strategy Manager in Canada is an effective leader and communicator, with client services and strategy experience, a deep understanding of the digital advertising technology ecosystem, and experience in programmatic advertising activation. The position will be responsible for managing a portfolio of accounts across the Nielsen Marketing Cloud (data management platform), Nielsen Audience Segments (data as a service), and VisualDNA Brand Surveys (tag-based brand lift) products. The focus will be on developing existing business within Canada across verticals, as well as supporting in generating new business relationships. The position is reporting to the Director of Client Strategy Canada.
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of Nielsen Marketing Cloud products (Data Management Platform, Data as a Service, Tag-Based Brand Lift) across own portfolio of clients, including closing the loop on client delivery independently:
- Project and client management
- Scheduling and leading kick-off calls with clients
- Giving UI demos and technical training on the products
- Developing slides and materials to support clients in utilizing our self-service products
- Managing and maintaining relationships with clients
- Leveraging a strategic mindset to ensure clients are taking advantage of best practices when utilizing our tools
- Providing clients data driven insights to help them optimize their marketing campaigns
- Designing and delivering compelling reports and presentations addressing clients’ business questions
- Leverage a sales mindset to develop and execute strategic plans for how to develop our products and existing business, as well as support the Client Strategy Director in executing strategic plans to develop new business relationships.
- Lead the renewal of current Activation clients (including maintaining contract end dates, creating relationships with key business decision makers, start and drive renewal conversations, look for upsell opportunities).
- Lead exploratory calls with net new clients (presenting the full Nielsen product ecosystem, understanding client needs, narrowing down products that meet the client’s needs).
- Potential to manage own network of Client Strategists in the future (including supporting them through implementation and maintenance of their own clients, conversations and check-ins around performance and growth strategies, training).
- 5+ years working with Ad-Tech platforms (DMP, DSP, SSP, CDP, etc.) or data for targeting (data as a service)
- Proven experience managing portfolios of clients across multiple products
- Comfortable being hands-on with large data sets and analytics
- Interest in learning other products in Nielsen’s digital ecosystem: Digital Ad Ratings (reach/frequency measurement), Media Analytics (panel-based brand lift, influencer effectiveness, media resonance, etc.), Planning (path to purchase, media plan optimization)
- Ability to operate in a fast moving industry within a high energy team
- Expert in Google Slides and Sheets, or Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong presentation skills
- A flexible approach to communication; able to adapt their message quickly to the appropriate level or function with poise and polish
- Fluent in English. French a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Primary Location: Remote, ON – Toronto
Secondary Locations: Remote, ON – Toronto
Travel: Yes, 20% of the Time