Director, OEM Business Development — AutoTRADER.ca
|Position||Type||Company||Location||Posted On||Interested?||Director, OEM Business Development||Full Time||AutoTRADER.ca||Etobicoke||Feb 15, 2019||Apply Now|
The Director, OEM Business Development will lead autoTRADER.ca’s efforts in building relationships with OEM’s in Canada. They will play an advocate role in increasing awareness of autoTRADER.ca, our automotive consumer insight & the expertise in content creation. The successful candidate will work with OEM’s to position the value of the various media/ insight products and ensure autoTRADER.ca becomes a trusted partner across multiple facets of their marketing function
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Build and maintain strategic relationship at senior marketing level – VP & C-Suite, within major auto OEM’s.
- Understand nationwide marketing objectives across all major vehicle ranges and programs to help inform the wider business of revenue opportunities and product enhancements.
- Leverage TRADER expertise in the creation of highly engaging, vertical content & unique understanding of the auto-intender to commercialize white labeled editorial opportunities.
- Employ consultative selling techniques to educate and inform clients as to the wider benefits of their own content provision to their audiences in both the sales cycle and ownership phase to create brand loyalty and increased lifetime value
Analytics & Insights
- Using Trader marketplace data, create a SaaS based revenue stream which engages OEM’s directly.
- Through consultative selling, seek to understand the needs of the OEM in terms of market insight, sales insight and the digitization of customer records
- Construct intelligent cases as to how TRADERS understanding of both supply and demand elements and their respective interactions. Successfully articulate how these factors can be used to support multiple functions within the OEM and help realize their ambitions in a truly unique way.
- Expert Level Knowledge of Digital Marketing – familiar with industry trends and advances.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation and negotiations skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to collaborate and engage cross-functional teams to deliver project requirements.
- High resilience, comfortable adjusting approach in face of resistance or conflict.
- Entrepreneurial orientation and ability to self-start
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in relatable fields
- 8+ years’ experience with a “best-in-class” organization in high
- performance sales or marketing in industries such as; Automotive, Data/ Analytics or Advertising.
- Deep understanding of the media landscape inc. data, insight and content marketing
- The ideal candidate will have experience with Canadian OEM’s and a successful track record of building robust partnerships through networking and consultative solution selling.
- Experience leading complex contract negotiations.