Ad Operations Specialist — CBC
|Ad Operations Specialist
|Jun 12, 2018
Ad Operations Specialist (English Services) – TOR06466
Job Family: Revenue
Primary Location: Toronto
Position Language Requirement: English Only
Language Skill Levels (Reading / Writing / Speaking) – – –
Status of Employment: Permanent
Work schedule(s): Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Reporting to the Manager of Ad Operations, you will partner with the sales team to create revenue and build renewals through exemplary customer service, optimal campaign management, proper revenue/billing management, and adherence to policies and procedures throughout the CBC network. You will have the pleasure of working on special projects such as the Olympics.
Responsibilities include: Booking, scheduling, and launching all online ad campaigns (including registering agencies, advertisers, setting up required filters, booking paid and house campaigns, and testing/loading creative of these campaigns) on CBC.ca network using online ad management systems including Dart For Publisher (DFP) and Dart Sales Manager (DSM).
You will be responsible for coordinating campaign implementation, monitoring campaign performances and ensuring campaign maintenance and optimization by collaborating with clients, ad operations, technical teams, editorial, creative, marketing and sales, as necessary. You will also ensure proper billing amounts at month end and process debits and credits through DSM.
You will be responsible for project managing special projects/events directly from the thought process, to launch; working closely with the Manager of Ad Operations to ensure all IAB Ad policies and CBC Ad Requirements are fully integrated into every project.
Performing other duties as required.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- 3 years’ experience in online ad industry, media, sales and/or marketing.
- 3 years proven working knowledge of the ad management system DoubleClick, preference will go to those who have expert knowledge in both Legacy and Premium systems.
- 3 years proven working knowledge of the sales management system DSM (Dart Sales Manager) or knowledge of the new DFP Sales Management system is preferred.
- Experience with Google Publisher Tags, VAST and VPAID video technology.
- Knowledge of the programmatic space and RTB.
- An outstanding working knowledge of the Internet, web and online media.
- Strong computer skills, with MS office and Browser applications – IE, Mozilla, Safari, Chrome etc.
- Up-to-date knowledge of all mobile technology (Platforms, Devices, Operating Systems).
- Up-to-date knowledge of Canadian IAB standards in relation to online advertising.
- Proven customer service knowledge and skills.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong technical aptitude and willingness to learn.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting effectively with key internal and external contacts.
- Judgment and resourcefulness to solve problems with ability to adapt procedures to meet deadlines required.
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to excel as a part of a national team in a very entrepreneurial, innovative and dynamic environment that thrives on change and re-invention.
- Flexible working hours may be required on an as-needed basis.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Job Posting Date
May 25, 2018, 7:00:00 AM
Jun 23, 2018, 6:59:00 AM