Director, Product — Sortable
|Position||Type||Company||Location||Posted On||Interested?||Director, Product||Full Time||Sortable||Can be discussed||Aug 13, 2018||Apply Now|
Sortable is fixing the broken ad-tech industry and simplifying operations for publishers worldwide. Our mission is to change the future of online advertising for publishers—and we need you to get there. We help publishers and revenue operations teams optimize yield. By providing the right data, we empower publishers to make better decisions about monetization, content, and audience acquisition. Fast-growing and privately funded, we’re proud to be a tech company with deep roots in Waterloo Region, Canada.
What you’ll do
As a key member of our leadership team, you will own the Product strategy and function from product development to launch. You will work closely with Engineering, Customer Success and Publisher Development teams to manage Sortable’s product roadmap and associated commitments to customers. You will play the central role in understanding customer priorities and translate these requirements into committed timelines that ultimately are built into our roadmap and our customer communications. You will monitor trends and major developments in the ad tech industry to develop and execute a brilliant product strategy that is shaped by market trends, customer needs and immediate business opportunities.
Above all else, you get to be the first product leader hired at Sortable to build and scale out this critical function! You will manage a small yet mighty team of product managers and technical product managers and will have the opportunity to develop the team into an amazingly successful product team.
Requirements/what it takes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Engineering or Computer Science
- 10+ years in a product management role
- 7+ years leading a product team or equivalent experience
- Exceptional business acumen
- Strong communication, presentation skills, and ability to develop sound business cases
- Comfortable with ambiguity as is common in companies that are scaling
- Ability to get results on multiple concurrent priorities
- Track record of turning ideas into revenue-generating products
Bonus points and nice to have qualities
- Significant ad tech industry experience a big bonus. We’re also happy about experience with analytics and/or big data platforms.
- Previous experience at a startup/scale up company also a big bonus. Even better if you’ve worked at both early stage and later stage to understand how to scale the product function in between these stages.
- Experience in ad operations from both the buy and sell sides
- Past experience with the digital advertising ecosystem (display ads, video ads, native ads, mobile app ads, PPC ads)
- Certified Product Owner
- Confident using Aha! and JIRA in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
What do we offer you?
You’ll have the opportunity to make things happen at Sortable. We’re proud to be recognized with accolades for our company growth (Deloitte Fast50/Fast500, PROFIT 500) and workplace culture (Goodwell, Digiday WorkLife, Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers). Not bad for a company that started as four engineers in 2011.
Our competitive advantage? Our people.
Your growth: At Sortable, we value autonomy, taking ownership of your role, and continuous learning. Your growth here is important and we’ll invest in your success with training, feedback, and development.
Our culture: We’re fiercely obsessed with our culture. It’s protected, guided, and influenced by people like you who value transparency, collaboration, and diverse perspectives and experiences. We believe that our workplace should reflect the world we want to live in and work hard to make it a reality.
How to succeed at Sortable: The underlying foundation of who we are and how we behave is built on a team of individuals who make others feel safe to exchange feedback, respect differences, and take calculated risks. Productive. Curious. Smart. Nice. Selfless. Think you’d be a perfect fit? We’d love to hear from you.
Perks and the nice stuff!
We make sure you’re able to come in and do amazing work. In addition to unlimited snacks (a nod to our startup beginnings), you’ll get perks and benefits to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance:
– Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family
– Catered lunches and a stocked fridge to keep you full and focused
– Equity in Sortable so you have stake in the company and decisions
– Life @ Sortable initiatives like volunteer hours, learning credits, and fitness credits to invest in your well-being
Plus all the fun stuff that our staff dream up, like Cocktail Fridays, solar eclipse viewing parties, beach dress up days, fitness challenges, talent shows, team sports and clubs. Because we create our best ideas when we’re inspired, comfortable, and engaged in the work we do and the people we see every day.
We’re here to help.
At Sortable, we’re dedicated to ensuring equal employment opportunities. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be held in confidence.