Account Director, Social and Digital
|Account Director, Social and Digital
|Jul 24, 2019
ABOUT NORTH STRATEGIC
North Strategic is Canada’s fastest-growing, national public relations and digital media agency. In just seven short years, North has grown to three offices across Canada with more than 70 full-time team members specialising in PR, Influencer Marketing, Social Media, Digital, Media Buying and Content Creation. The first PR agency in Canada to eliminate timesheets, our unorthodox structure allows every member of our team the complete flexibility to work collaboratively and cross-train between each of our core disciplines.
North is agency of record for many of the most recognized and sought after brands in Canada – including Samsung, Canada Goose, American Express, Cadillac Fairview, Henkel Canada and many others – due in large part to our team’s track record for creating exciting, disruptive, and market-leading work. Our industry has noticed.
North is the only PR agency to be named to Marketing Magazine’s Top 10 agencies in Canada for three consecutive years. North was also recognized by the prestigious New York City-based Holmes Report as Canada’s PR Agency of the Year in 2015 and in 2017 we won Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Culture in the Growth category.
These achievements are a strong reinforcement of the work we do for our clients, but it is our unwavering commitment to our team – the people who create our award-winning content – that has positioned North as one of the most desired agencies to work for in Canada.
Are you the kind of entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic and just generally awesome person we’re looking for?
If so, it’s time to Go North Now.
- Very strong in client communications and account management
- New business experience is a must
- Proficient in social media and digital space
- Experience with social and digital advertising (strategy development is a must; executional experience is an asset)
- Some ad agency experience is preferred (understanding creative for social & digital and overall content strategy development)
- Developing and implementing strategic social media & digital plans to grow client online presence and impact that map back to program KPIs and business goals
- Leading strategies around customer service related issues to enhance Brand community experience
- Building social advertising strategies to support client campaigns; able to place and track ads across social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google AdWords for video)
- Understanding of how to improve Brand search ranking, and extending the reach of client content in a meaningful way
- Participating in forecasting and managing budgets for a specific set of client accounts; focused on organic growth of existing client base
- Proficiency in insight gathering and analytics; ability to implement an effective reporting strategy on the metrics that matter to measure content performance and make timely suggestions on how to optimize
- Strong social writing; ability to write effective and thumb-stopping social content
- Leading the strategic direction of visual brand content based on client objectives (including video and short format content)
- Ongoing tracking and implementation of industry & brand best practices
- Leading brainstorming sessions
- Coaching, developing and mentoring junior team members
- Ability to foster strong relationships with Integrated Agency Team partners
Our ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- 7+ years of experience in a social media or digital agency or SEM environment
- Genuine curiosity about how technology and innovation affects how we communicate and evolves social behaviors
- Bachelor’s & post-graduate degree in Communications, Advertising, Media Studies or a related field
- Passionately committed to collaboration
- Excellent cross-functional leadership, presentation and communication skills; dynamic team player
- Shows strong initiative as an entrepreneurial thinker taking independent actions and calculated risks
- Superior time management and organizational abilities Strong proficiency in social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, WhatsApp and Snapchat, etc…), effective measurement frameworks for social programs
- Experience in running social advertising campaigns
- Experience leading complex and highly strategic digital engagements
- Strong interpersonal abilities to effectively manage all internal and external relationships, vendors and agency partners
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment and work well under pressure
- Skilled at analyzing data, deriving insights and building creative output to meet client objectives
- Refined understanding of community management
- Proficiency in Photoshop is an asset
- Influencer relations is an asset
If you are interested in applying for this position, submit your resume and cover letter through our LinkedIn posting or to email@example.com
Note that only those being considered for any interview will be contacted. Thank you very much for your interest in working at North Strategic. We look forward to meeting you!