Account Director, Social and Digital — MSL Canada
|Position||Type||Company||Location||Posted On||Interested?||Account Director, Social and Digital||Full Time||MSL Canada||Toronto||Jul 31, 2019||Apply Now|
ABOUT MSLGROUP CANADA
Just named Canadian agency of the year at the sabre awards, MSLGROUP in Canada is proud to be a part of MSLGROUP, Publicis Groupe’s global strategic communications and engagement network.
We are a transformational agency that believes in creative storytelling, big ideas driven by sophisticated data insights, and innovative communications programs that get noticed and build brands.
We specialize in delivering multichannel creative programs for some of the world’s most exciting brands. Our agency is a recognized trailblazer in social media marketing and has created industry leading influencer strategies that continue to generate results for clients.
Whether we’re developing a Canadian-specific strategy, or adapting an international campaign for maximum local impact, our team is dedicated to ensuring your message gets heard.
Our culture is built on a foundation of collaboration, we are excited by innovation, and our employees are encouraged to aspire to entrepreneurialism.
We’re in the business of changing minds and inspiring hearts.
- Very strong in account management
- New business experience is a must
- Proficient in social media as well as digital (experience with social advertising is an asset)
- Some ad agency experience is preferred (understanding creative for social media and overall content strategy & development)
- Building strategic social media campaigns to grow client communities and achieve business goals
- Leading strategies around customer service related issues to enhance Brand community experience
- Building social advertising strategies to support client campaigns; able to place and track ads across social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google AdWords for video)
- Improving the search ranking, and extending the reach, of client content in a meaningful way
- Participating in forecasting and managing budgets for a specific set of client accounts; keeping the team and managers abreast of changes and suggesting solutions to any issues
- Helping clients allocate and manage social media budgets
- Developing and implementing social media plans across all online channels
- Research and analytics: tracking content performance and making timely suggestions on how to optimize
- Leveraging metrics and research where appropriate to define and track performance against client objectives
- Presenting recommendations for changes in strategy
- Writing: social media posts, internal/external emails and other communications
- Overseeing community management: developing & tracking editorial calendars for Brand Channels
- Leading the strategic direction of visual brand content based on client objectives (including video and short format content)
- Ongoing tracking of industry & brand best practices
- Building strategic client documents to meet quarterly campaign objectives
- Leading brainstorming sessions
- Coaching, developing and mentoring junior team members
Our ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- 7+ years of experience in a social media agency or SEM environment
- Genuine curiosity about how technology and innovation affects how we communicate and evolves social behaviors
- Bachelor’s & post-graduate degree in Communications, Advertising, Media Studies or a related field
- Passionately committed to collaboration
- Excellent cross-functional leadership, presentation and communication skills; dynamic team player
- Shows strong initiative as an entrepreneurial thinker taking independent actions and calculated risks
- Superior time management and organizational abilities
- Strong proficiency in social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, WhatsApp and Snapchat, etc…), effective measurement frameworks for social programs
- Experience in running social advertising campaigns
- Experience leading complex and highly strategic digital engagements
- Strong interpersonal abilities to effectively manage all internal and external relationships, vendors and agency partners
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment and work well under pressure
- Skilled at analyzing data, deriving insights and building creative output to meet client objectives
- Refined understanding of community management
- Proficiency in Photoshop is an asset
- Influencer relations is an asset
If you are interested in applying for this position, submit your resume and cover letter through our LinkedIn posting or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that only those being considered for any interview will be contacted. Thank you very much for your interest in working at MSL Canada. We look forward to meeting you!