Specialist, Media — Shoppers Drug Mart
|Position||Type||Company||Location||Posted On||Interested?||Specialist, Media||Full Time||Shoppers Drug Mart||243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8||Aug 7, 2019||Apply Now|
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Reporting to the Director, Media, the Media Specialist supports all Marketing brand teams with their communication plans and execution with a skew to the Shopper’s Drug Mart business. There will be opportunities to also work on the Discount, Market, Control Brands, Joe Fresh and Health & Wellness and Joe Fresh business too.
This individual will lead the development of media plans, ensure high quality execution and evaluate all programs. They will also be responsible for campaign reporting and analytics, with support from the media agency. They will screen prospective media executions and opportunities, assist in negotiate partnership agreements, manage ongoing partner and agency/vendor relationships, and develop business building effective advertising campaigns across a variety of marketing programs with traditional, digital and new media.
- Lead the development and execution of media plans for all marketing programs from brief to trafficking creative and post-campaign reporting in support of national and market-specific initiatives, including store-specific requests with external agency and vendor partners across traditional and digital media channels, search and social)
- Work collaboratively with Brand teams and Marketing Operations teams (i.e. Creative, Content & Social team, In-store, Digital) to support the execution of media campaigns and management of specific media channels (i.e., social media)
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of the marketplace landscape, industry trends and new technologies that effect the buying discipline
- Collaborate with Creative, Content and Social (CCS) team in the development of social campaign strategy and execution
- Research and analytics; reviewing social content performance and marking timely suggestion solutions to any issues
- Oversee and maintain project timelines with detailed work back schedules while communicating regular status updates relating to specific campaign executions
- Obtains all necessary approvals from internal stakeholders as needed
- Proactively communicates with Sr. Manager, Media and agency partners to adjust media strategies and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Ensures timely completion and delivery of media marketing campaigns
- Assists in continuous improvement by establishing and evaluating media across key metrics, identifying process enhancements and implementing changes to drive success
- Leads financial processing overall for media marketing team campaigns and always-on initiatives
- Digital Media with emphasis on programmatic and paid social media
- Strong project and people management skills
- Knowledge and execution of both traditional and digital media
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, able to prioritize multiple projects effectively and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Analytical Skills – able to understand metrics & measure results Works well under pressure
- 3-5 years of direct experience in developing, implementing and executing media campaigns on client or agency side, partnership negotiations, budget management, project management and working with internal or external creative teams
- Education University Degree or College Diploma in Communications/ Media/ Marketing/ Advertising or a related discipline
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.