Digital Integrated Account Lead, Media Solutions (English Services) — CBC
|Position||Type||Company||Location||Posted On||Interested?||Digital Integrated Account Lead, Media Solutions (English Services)||Full Time||CBC||Toronto||Dec 23, 2020||Apply Now|
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
The Media Solutions Group is looking for a Digital Integrated Account Lead. The Digital Integrated Account Lead will be responsible for generating, leading, and participating in the planning and execution of high-level digital sales strategies. This role requires demonstrated experience and senior-level client-based relationships to successfully negotiate and sell-through digital media and innovative custom content programs using CBC/Radio-Canada digital assets including Social, Native, and Podcasts, through the combined sale of digital inventory (both English and French) via direct and programmatic channels.
- Aggressively pursue and create new business opportunities to expand the client base and grow revenue.
- Partner with marketing to develop custom marketing solutions including branded content strategies in support of revenue generation and client objectives.
- Design tailored sales packages and make presentations to advertisers and agencies.
- Lead and collaborate on all sales initiatives through agency based proposals, direct-to-client and new business acquisitions to ensure combined achievement of revenue targets across English and French assets.
- Develop creative strategies around the business to meet targets and maximize revenue.
- Build relationships with industry associations and represent CBC/Radio-Canada at Media Events.
- Well-versed in digital platforms and emerging technology including programmatic trading, podcasting, native, and social.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing advertising sales accounts including the development of digital solutions, campaign creation, presenting, negotiating, and closing sales opportunities with existing and new clients to build revenue.
- Accountable for all aspects of the clients’ business.
- Responsible for managing the client relationship and overseeing the day-to-day strategic business execution.
- Create and manage sales plans and tactics while providing necessary weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting and forecasting.
- Maintain up-to-date information related to market changes, the competitive landscape, trends, and movements to effectively manage sales territory.
- Develop and maintain client profiles, contact updates, and historical buying data.
- Analyze and interpret research statistics to assist in the creation of sales presentations and packages.
- This position requires a post-secondary or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years’ digital experience in a sales or sales related role in a media environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the Canadian media landscape and CBC offerings in both French and English media including the innovative marketing solutions that drive higher-margin sales.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset.
- Ability to understand and use both quantitative and qualitative research material.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required. Knowledge of Google Workspace is an asset.
- Extensive creativity in developing sales strategies and customer solutions.
- Ability to stay abreast of a rapidly evolving media environment and the opportunities rapidly evolving technology creates for clients, and develop solutions that work for clients and take advantage of the CBC’s unique mix of content assets.
- Ability to present these solutions in a way that engages busy executives and motivates them to purchase.
- Advanced negotiating skills and sales abilities. Ability to use a consultative and collaborative approach to selling.
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with existing customers as well as develop new relationships with current non-customers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Strong listening skills and tact.
- Experience performing under the pressure to meet deadlines, the requirement to generate new customers, and the accountability of multi-million dollar revenue targets.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make quick decisions in situations that can impact the financial situation of the organization.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity in developing plans and future strategies while also adhering to corporate policies in conducting business.
- Attention to detail is key.
- Strong organizational skills.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ”Apply online”. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion
section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Job Posting Date
Dec 22, 2020, 1:56:41 PM
Jan 9, 2021, 2:59:00 AM