Marketing Communications Specialist — BC Hydro
|Position||Type||Company||Location||Posted On||Interested?||Marketing Communications Specialist||Full Time||BC Hydro||Vancouver, BC||Jun 8, 2021||Apply Now|
To provide expert marketing communications consultation, planning, and project management; to initiate and manage corporate-wide advertising, publications, and promotional activities and programs.
Major Responsibilities and Duties (to fulfill major purpose):
1. Provides expert level planning and organization for major, multi-faceted marketing communications initiatives. Provides consultative advice to all levels of management, marketing specialists and staff on marketing communication strategies, tactics and corporate policies. Prepares, presents and revises strategic marketing communication plans and campaign briefs; analyzes research and market intelligence. Presents creative concepts to clients and provides guiding comments to ensure clients consider and endorse the most appropriate concepts. Acts as liaison between creative team and clients, maintaining strong relationships and resolving issues as required. Ensures campaigns are delivered on time, on budget and within project scope. Reviews marketing communication efforts against corporate objectives utilizing research tracking and professional evaluation techniques.
2. Identifies the need for internal and external resources (such as advertisers, sponsors, writers, designers, photographers, illustrators, pre-press service bureaus and advertising agencies); negotiates, contracts and coordinates their work; and follows up to expedite creative progress, pre-production, print production, delivery and distribution. Ensures defined quality targets and standards are met and that campaigns are delivered on time and within budget. Reviews and approves invoices for contract services within level of signing authority. Prepares, tracks and reconciles annual budgets for marketing communication expenditures for assigned areas of responsibility.
3. Researches, writes and edits for a range of marketing communication media such as advertisements, internet pages, video scripts, signage, displays, posters, newsletters and periodicals. Writes and edits material to effectively deliver marketing messages within prescribed corporate style and standards, space requirements, and other specifications determined by the media.
4. Provides technical advice and direction to the Advertising Planning team. Performs as required all duties of the Advertising Planner position.
5. Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the value of the job.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated ability to provide expert level marketing communications consultative advice.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze marketing communication needs, scope communication tactics and develop budgets and timeline.
- Ability to develop strategic marketing communication plans and creative briefs.
- Ability to interpret and effectively communicate advertising policies and graphic standards.
- Demonstrated ability to develop ideas for and write, edit and proofread a range of marketing and promotional media.
- Ability to negotiate and communicate BC Hydro’s interests with advertisers, sponsors, spokespeople and other parties.
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple concurrent marketing communication projects efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead task teams in the implementation of marketing communication campaigns and projects.
- Ability to prepare and administer contracts for marketing communications services in accordance with BC Hydro’s policies and guidelines.
- Ability to assess and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing communication campaigns.
- Thorough knowledge of advertising process, from planning to creative concept development, media planning, graphic design, production and printing, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of the marketing principles, communication research techniques, and advertising agency processes.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with clients and service providers.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform marketing communication project work independently with minimal supervision.
Works in a standard BC Hydro office environment.
Experience, Training and Education (demonstrating requirements):
Diploma in Marketing Communications or equivalent education (such as Creative Advertising or Business Administration with courses in Marketing) and five (5) years of experience in the planning and coordination of multi-faceted advertising and marketing communications initiatives for a variety of clients.