Lead Creative Developer (UI/UX) — Pelmorex Corp.
|Position||Type||Company||Location||Posted On||Interested?||Lead Creative Developer (UI/UX)||Full Time||Pelmorex Corp.||Oakville or Toronto||Sep 21, 2021||Apply Now|
Do you want to be a part of an organization that:
– gives back to the community
– has leadership that inspires, coaches and mentors
– allows you to speak up and be heard
– AND … likes to have FUN?
What about tech? Cutting edge solutions? Big Data and AI? Pelmorex has all of that covered!
Founded in 1989, Pelmorex has become an international weather information and data management company. We own and operate the popular weather brands: The Weather Network, MeteoMedia, Eltiempo.es, Clima and Otempo.pt. We also operate the National Alert Aggregation and Dissemination (NAAD) System, which is the technical backbone of Alert Ready, Canada’s Emergency Alerting System.
We are looking for a creative individual, strong communicator, experienced developer, and someone passionate about digital marketing and engaging creative. As Lead Creative Developer, you will be driving strategy, development, best practices and the evolution of our creative suite to contribute to revenue growth and business goals.
What’s the day to day look like? You will shape our creative growth, strategies and processes:
- Collaborate with internal teams for the improvement of existing ad creative and, develop new, innovative ad units that drive revenue for PA & O&O digital properties
- Examine software/tech/processes to ensure it is supporting the business and make recommendations for improvements
- Create asset management standards and ad templates for all ad products to allow for efficiencies for the business
- Leverage insights to create best practices and improve engagement of our creative suite
- Create and manage our digital portfolio of creative solutions for sales purposes
- Work with third parties to identity partnerships that create efficiencies, grow revenue
- Grow skills in order to keep up with the evolving creative landscape
- Provide mentorship for team members to elevate overall coding expertise within team Collaborate with Director to set creative strategies including approach, guidelines, creative pricing strategies and process(s) for the Creative Solutions team
- Build prototypes of new ad units for sales purposes that meet objectives
- Communicating executions, ideas and concepts in an efficient and logical manner
- Collaborating with team and other departments using JIRA for assignment, prioritization, progress or issue tracking of requests
- Building reusable components and Adobe libraries for future use
- Support for live executions that are coded efficiently and without error and ensure that all development limitations have been addressed prior to sales hand-off
- Adeptness with leading design software packages
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite Understanding technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Understanding GIT for source and version control
- Understanding, documenting and ensuring adhesion to technical feasibility of UI/UX designs within the scope of Pelmorex Audience’s network, The Weather Network and MeteoMedia capabilities
- Confirming proper implementation of all third-party tracking and verification services
- Perform debugging activities and implement fixes
- Video editing and production (as required)
You are made for this if you…
- You have 4+ years of creative development experience
- You are in the know of what’s trending and have a passion for the digital space and unique innovative ad units
- You have a passion for learning and building your technical skills and knowledge
- You thrive in a team environment and can lead and mentor other members of the team. Ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Seeing projects through from inception to production
- Consistent quality of work throughout projects regardless of project size
- Willingness to listen to feedback and leveraging that feedback to improve
- Flexibility in working hours.
What about the “other” stuff
- Full Medical & Health Benefits 🏥
- Remote Work environment until January 2022 💻. Read more about our remote work environment from our CEO, Sam Sebastian here!
- Summer Hours ☀️
- Fitness Allowance Program 🏃🏿
- Course Reimbursement Program – We want you to keep learning, so we can too! 📚
- Personal Days in addition to Vacation time off
- Open and transparent communication, including weekly AHMs with our CEO
- In-house Learning Academy that includes offerings like French, yoga, mindfulness
Our Promise to you…
We’re highly focused on doing the right thing.
We’ll discuss issues and timelines professionally, so you have the time you need to do the best work you can
You will see the result of your work pushed out to real users quickly
We’re a team that enjoys learning new technologies and we’re open to trying new things
We’ll try our best not to bog you down with boring meetings
Through constant innovation and entrepreneurship, Pelmorex has grown to reach consumers around the globe, has become one of the largest weather information providers and has broken new ground in providing data solutions and insights to businesses. Through harnessing the value of weather, Pelmorex is driven to make the world smarter and safer for consumers and businesses. #youwanttoworkhere
We are aware of recent fraudulent calls impersonating Pelmorex Corp., and are working to resolve this. Please note that we do not have any job posting that requires you to purchase equipment or related products to send to us.
Please make sure to only reply to official correspondence from Pelmorex Corp and if applying to positions with us, apply directly to our official site.