If you are new to digital media marketing or just want to stay current with what is happening in the ever changing digital ecosystem, this course is for you. This crash course provides a comprehensive introduction to the digital marketing and advertising industry and is taught in an interactive classroom format that provides plenty of time for class discussions so bring your questions.
This course was previously called Integrated Digital Marketing.
- Develop a foundational knowledge of the most used digital marketing platforms and tactics in Canada, including how they are used, bought and measured.
- Learn the digital media terms and concepts you need to navigate the digital ecosystem.
- Learn the basics of how digital media campaigns are delivered and tracked.
Dates and Locations
|Virtual||Sep 9, 2021||10:00 am – 5:00 pm||English||Remote Only|
|Virtual||Nov 18, 2021||10:00 am – 5:00 pm||English||Remote Only|
If you have any questions about participating remotely or if you have a question about the course, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Course includes a break for lunch.
- Please note, course end times may vary.
- All courses times are list as EST.
- 1.1: The State of Digital Marketing in Canada
- 1.2: The Digital Marketing Ecosystem: Meet the Players
- 1.3: Paid, Earned & Owned Media
2.0 Search Engine Marketing
- 2.1: The Roles of Search in Marketing
- 2.2: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Overview
- 2.3: How Paid Search Works
3.0 Display Advertising
- 3.1: Desktop Display Ad Formats
- 3.2: Display Ad Creative Best Practices
- 3.3: Buying Display Advertising
- 3.4: Mobile Display Ad Formats
- 3.5: Mobile Display Ad Creative
4.0 Video Advertising
- 4.1: The Canadian Digital Video Landscape
- 4.2: Video Ad Formats
- 4.3: Buying Digital Video – Placements and Measurement
- 4.4: Video Creative Best Practices
- 4.5: The Future of Video: OTT and Connected
5.0 Native Advertising
- 5.1: Native Advertising Ad Formats
- 5.2: Why It’s Effective
- 5.3: Guidance on Disclosure
6.0 Content Marketing
- 6.1: How to Develop Great Content
- 6.2: Content Case Studies
- 6.3: Content Measurement
7.0 Social Media Marketing & Advertising
- 7.1: Why Brands Love Social
- 7.2: Measuring Owned Social
- 7.3: Paid Social
- 7.4: Influencer Marketing
8.0 Email Marketing & Advertising
- 8.1: Why Email is Important
- 8.2: Tips for Effective Email Marketing
- 8.3: Measuring Email
- 8.4: CASL
9.0 Mobile Marketing & Advertising
- 9.1: Mobile Marketing Overview
- 9.2: SMS Marketing
- 9.3: Mobile Apps
10.0 The Impact of Programmatic
- 10.1: Why the Shift to Programmatic
- 10.2: How does Programmatic Work?
- 10.3: Programmatic Exercise
- 10.4: Exchange Types
11.0 The Digital Campaign Process
- 11.1: The Workflow Overview
- 11.2: Campaign Types
- 11.3: Brand Safety/Suitability
- 11.4: Media Research and Measurement
- 11.5: Viewability
- 11.6: How ads are trafficked
- 11.7: Digital Ad Targeting
- 11.8: Tracking and Measurement
- 11.9: Campaign Attribution
12.0 Policy and Regulations
- 12.1: Why this is Important
- 12.2: Canadian Regulation
- Global Regulation
- This crash course on the fundamentals of Integrated Digital Marketing does an amazing job at teaching us the basics of the advertising world, with a strong Canadian perspective of the digital landscape. – Justin Teng, Sales Support Specialist, DAC Group
- Being an new to Digital Marketing, I consider this course to be excellent and it helped me a lot to understand some basic stuff in my new job. – Irshad Ruhomutally, Senior Consultant Digital Performance, Intact Insurance
- Great introduction for my entrance into the digital world. – Anonymous
- Would highly recommend and take another course. It was a perfect general overview of digital marketing. – Anonymous
If an attendee cancels his or her registration more than 14 days before the date of the seminar, the amount paid for the cancelled registration will be refunded in full. Registrations cancelled within 14 days of the seminar date will NOT be refunded.
NOTE: Only 2 cancellations or registrant substitutions are allowed per company, per course. A charge of $100 will apply to each additional cancellation or registrant substitution.
In the event that IAB Canada needs to cancel any seminar(s), a full refund or an opportunity to attend an equivalent future seminar(s), at the option of the attendee, will be provided by IAB Canada. However, IAB Canada shall not be responsible for, or offer any monetary compensation for, any expenses incurred by the registrant or attendee (including, but not limited to, non-refundable airline tickets, hotel fees or change fees) due to such a cancellation.
Please provide 48 hours notice before the course if you wish to transfer to the next session or transfer to a different course. Requests made less than 48 hours notice will not be accommodated.
Your email confirmation represents receipt of payment and confirmation for your seat(s) for the course, workshop or seminar(s). You are not confirmed until payment in full is received by IAB Canada, and a confirmation email is sent to you.
All printed materials provided by IAB Canada are meant for the exclusive use of the individual attendee, and no portion of any of the printed materials provided by IAB Canada may be scanned, copied, reproduced or in any other way distributed or made available for use by anyone but the original individual registrant or attendee at the session(s).