Taught by Sharon Bauer and Ross Saunders of Bamboo Data Consulting, this course is custom made for those of you who have been newly designated as having a privacy role in your organization or if you are an existing role and just looking to improve upon your current Privacy Program.
You will leave this one-day, in-person, and interactive course with:
- a basic understanding of privacy compliance
- a solid understanding of the roles and responsibilities
- the ability to identify and evaluate privacy risks
- practical knowledge in developing a sustainable Privacy Program
- skills to cultivate a privacy culture within the organization
In covering the 8 pillars, we will not only address what you need to know to develop a practical and effective Privacy Program, but we will, as a team, develop key takeaways you can use to make a business case for privacy with your internal team. Since half the battle with privacy is getting buy-in from the top, you will be equipped with the right information to demonstrate that privacy is a business enabler, rather than a prohibitor. In doing so, you will be set up for success to develop a privacy culture and get the proper resources and budget.
- Sharon Bauer, Founder, Bamboo Data Consulting
- Ross Saunders, PrivSec Director, Bamboo Data Consulting
Dates and Location
|Toronto, Ontario||Oct 20, 2022||9:00 am – 4:00 pm||English||IAB Canada office||111 Peter Street, Suite 406B|
Limited spots available
If you have any questions about participating, or if you have a question about the course, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Course includes a break for lunch
- Course end time may vary
- All course times are list as EDT
This is a non-accredited course and has no connection to an external accreditation or professional body. This course is delivered by professionals whose aim is to assist you in learning a new skillset and build on your existing proficiencies. A certification will not be issued upon completion of the course. CPD credits will not be issued.
1.0 - Privacy Fundamentals
- 1.1: The 10 Privacy Principles
- 1.2: What is Personal Information? What is Sensitive Personal Information?
- 1.3: The difference between a controller and processor
- 1.4: Lawful Basis – Collection, Use, Disclosure
- 1.5: Construct Planning Timeline
2.0 - What is your Responsibility as a CPO
- 2.1: Roles and responsibilities (sample job description)
- 2.2: Developing a privacy culture/tone from the top
- 2.3: Creating a RACI (same RACI chart)
3.0 - Trekking through Risk Management
- 3.1: What is the privacy risk?
- 3.2: What is the control? Exploring legislation, guidance, standards for controls (same control framework)
- 3.3: Measuring risk (e.g., sensitivity, safeguards, anonymization)
- 3.4: Identifying your company’s risk tolerance
4.0 - The 8 Essential Pillars of a Privacy Program
- 4.1: Data Maps/Data Inventory
- 4.2: Vendor Risk Management/Cross-Border Transfers/Data Protection Agreements
- 4.3: Privacy Impact Assessments
- 4.4: Individual Rights, Requests and Complaints
- 4.5: Privacy Incident Management
- 4.6: Privacy Policies
- 4.7: Privacy Training and Awareness
- 4.8: Privacy Program Management (monitoring/enforcement)
The privacy fundamentals introduced at the beginning of the course will be interwoven throughout the course. For each pillar, we will outline who in the company should be responsible, accountable, consulted, and informed (RACI).
If an attendee cancels his or her registration more than 14 days before the date of the seminar, the amount paid for the cancelled registration will be refunded in full. Registrations cancelled within 14 days of the seminar date will NOT be refunded.
NOTE: Only 2 cancellations or registrant substitutions are allowed per company, per course. A charge of $100 will apply to each additional cancellation or registrant substitution.
In the event that IAB Canada needs to cancel any seminar(s), a full refund or an opportunity to attend an equivalent future seminar(s), at the option of the attendee, will be provided by IAB Canada. However, IAB Canada shall not be responsible for, or offer any monetary compensation for, any expenses incurred by the registrant or attendee (including, but not limited to, non-refundable airline tickets, hotel fees or change fees) due to such a cancellation.
Please provide 48 hours notice before the course if you wish to transfer to the next session or transfer to a different course. Requests made less than 48 hours notice will not be accommodated.
Your email confirmation represents receipt of payment and confirmation for your seat(s) for the course, workshop or seminar(s). You are not confirmed until payment in full is received by IAB Canada, and a confirmation email is sent to you.
All printed materials provided by IAB Canada are meant for the exclusive use of the individual attendee, and no portion of any of the printed materials provided by IAB Canada may be scanned, copied, reproduced or in any other way distributed or made available for use by anyone but the original individual registrant or attendee at the session(s).
An IAB Canada and Bamboo Consulting Collaboration