Below are a series of useful links to help IAB Canada members navigate the complex legal requirements outlined in both Federal and Provincial elections law. This page and these resources will be continually updated as information becomes available. If you would like to join the IAB Canada Elections working group to stay on top off any new developments please reach out to email@example.com.
Bill C-76 – Canada Elections Act
The following links have been curated to help IAB Canada members navigate our federal election law, Bill C-76, as well as provide additional helpful tools and information to be utilized during an election period. Resources will be continually updated as required.
- Bill C-76
- Overview of Registry Requirements for Political Ads on Online Platforms
- Where and How Ads Run in Canada During the Federal Election (Updated August 16, 2021)
- Publisher Media Kit (includes Political ad acceptance – Updated August 16, 2021)
- IAB Canada Launches Issue Tracker to Help with Compliance
- An Elections Canada Case Study – Presented by IAB Canada to the Government of Canada
- IAB Canada Response to Elections Canada Post Election Consultation
Alberta Elections: Transparency guidelines and spend limits for advertisers
- Advertising Guidelines for Political Participants (Provincial)
- Third-Party Advertising Guidelines for Local Elections in Alberta (Municipal)
**if you have any outstanding questions regarding the provincial and/or municipal elections in Alberta, you can call the numbers below for more information:
- Provincial: 1-780-427-7191
- Municipal: 1-780-427-2225
Ontario Election Finances Act
The following links have been curated to help IAB Canada members navigate the Ontario Election Finances Act, as well as provide additional helpful tools and information to be utilized during an election period. Resources will be continually updated as required.