Data is the currency of digital marketing. It is at the core of every marketing and media decision made online and its importance is only growing. As reliance on data to make marketing decisions increases it is important that you, as a digital marketing professional, have a good understanding of how data is gathered, implemented and governed so you can make the best possible decisions and see the best return on your marketing efforts.
This course will focus on the role data plays in all aspects of the digital marketing campaign. As such you will learn:
- How data is collected and managed
- How apply data for marketing purposes, regardless of where you sit in the digital advertising ecosystem
- Data Policies
Attendees will come away with an elevated knowledge of the data used in digital marketing and will have the chance to participate in lively discussions with our instructors as well as fellow course attendees.
Who Should Attend?
The course is for any marketing and/or media professionals who understand are looking for a better understanding of data’s role in digital marketing and how it can be leveraged to achieve outstanding results.
It is recommended that you have a fairly good understanding of digital marketing before attending this course.
Dates and Locations
|Jan 31, 2023||10:00 am – 5:00 pm||English||Virtual|
If you have any questions about participating remotely or if you have a question about the course, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Courses are delivered virtually unless otherwise stated
- Course include a break for lunch and end times may vary
- All courses times are list as EDT
1.0 - Introduction to Data
- 1.1: A Brief History of Data in Advertising
- 1.2: Data Types
- 1.3: The Data Lifecycle
- 1.4: Data Use Cases
2.0 - Data Collection Methods
- 2.1: Technical Overview of Data Collection
- 2.2: How to Evaluate a Data Provider
3.0 - Data Processing
- 3.1: Technical overview of data processing
- 3.2: ID mechanisms
- 3.3: Onboarding and matching
4.0 - Data in Motion
- 4.1: How data can be activated throughout the campaign
- 4.2: Attribution Modelling
- 4.3: Taxonomies
5.0 - Data Policies
- 5.1: Self-Regulation vs Regulation
- 5.2: Canadian Legislation
- 5.3: International Legislation
- 5.4: Data Ownership
6.0 - Review and Q&A
- 6.1: Review of what was discussed
- 6.2: Attendee discussion and Q&A
- I valued the training and it offered me exactly the information I hoped to gain by attending. It was well presented and very interactive. We had a mix of attendees including Agency, Publisher and Outdoor. Everyone participated. I am already using knowledge I gained from the workshop. I highly recommend the Data Fundamentals Workshop. – Deborah Frye, VP National Advertising Sales, Glacier Media Inc.
If an attendee cancels his or her registration more than 14 days before the date of the seminar, the amount paid for the cancelled registration will be refunded in full. Registrations cancelled within 14 days of the seminar date will NOT be refunded.
NOTE: Only 2 cancellations or registrant substitutions are allowed per company, per course. A charge of $100 will apply to each additional cancellation or registrant substitution.
In the event that IAB Canada needs to cancel any seminar(s), a full refund or an opportunity to attend an equivalent future seminar(s), at the option of the attendee, will be provided by IAB Canada. However, IAB Canada shall not be responsible for, or offer any monetary compensation for, any expenses incurred by the registrant or attendee (including, but not limited to, non-refundable airline tickets, hotel fees or change fees) due to such a cancellation.
Please provide 48 hours notice before the course if you wish to transfer to the next session or transfer to a different course. Requests made less than 48 hours notice will not be accommodated.
Your email confirmation represents receipt of payment and confirmation for your seat(s) for the course, workshop or seminar(s). You are not confirmed until payment in full is received by IAB Canada, and a confirmation email is sent to you.
All printed materials provided by IAB Canada are meant for the exclusive use of the individual attendee, and no portion of any of the printed materials provided by IAB Canada may be scanned, copied, reproduced or in any other way distributed or made available for use by anyone but the original individual registrant or attendee at the session(s).