Want to learn paid search marketing, but are not sure where to start? This interactive course is for you. The IAB Canada Paid Search course will teach you all you need to know about paid search marketing from account structure, keyword strategy and ad copy creation to optimizing. The course is taught by industry experts who live and breathe paid search every day. Go ahead, ask them anything!
This course will cover Paid Search exclusively, to get a full picture of SEM check out our SEO course.
This course will focus on paid search strategy, tactics and techniques that are critical to executing a successful paid search campaign on all the major search platforms in Canada. You will learn:
- The scope of paid search relative to search engine optimization and other digital advertising opportunities.
- How paid search fits into the overall media mix as well as within the model of self-directed / auction-based media buying.
- Acquire the skills necessary to develop a paid search strategy.
- Paid search bid strategies, keyword selection, text ad creation tips and account structure basics
- Campaign optimization
Who Should Attend?
All marketers, media planners and buyers as well as small to medium business owners who want to better understand paid search marketing and how it can be used to grow their brand.
Dates and Locations
|Virtual||Mar 3, 2022||10:00 am – 5:00 pm||English||Remote Only|
If you have any questions about participating remotely or if you have a question about the course, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Course includes a break for lunch.
- Course end times may vary.
- All courses times are list as EST.
- 1.1: Defining paid search
- 1.2: Paid Search’s Role in a Media Campaign
- 1.3: How Paid Search Works
2.0 Getting Started with Search
- 2.1: How does Paid Search Work
- 2.2: Ad Rank
- 2.3: Account Structure
3.0 Keyword Strategy
- 3.1: Choosing your keywords
- 3.2: Keyword research tools
- 3.3: Using and understanding match options
- 3.4: Keyword Negatives
4.0 Writing Creative That Sells
- 4.1: Ad Copy Best Practices
- 4.2: How to stand out from the crowd
- 4.3: Calls to action
- 4.4: Dynamic Keyword Insertion
- 4.5: Ad Extensions
- 4.6: Case Study: Ad creation from start to finish
- 4.7: Creative:Before and after
- 4.8: Responsive Search Engine
5.0 Audiences for Search
- 5.1: Audience Layering Strategies
6.0 Bid Strategies
- 6.1: Machine Learning’s Role in Search
- 6.2: Machine Learning Best Practices
7.0 Optimizing & Troubleshooting
- 7.1: Campaign Settings
- 7.2: Keyword Evaluation
- 7.3: Bid Optimization
- 7.4: Ad Copy Testing
8.0 Determining Budget
- 8.1: Opportunity vs Goals
- 8.2: Calculating ROAS and Life Time Value
- 9.1: KPIs and Metrics
- 9.2: Understanding Impression Share
- 9.3: Website Analytics
- 9.4: Understanding Major KPIs
10.0 Measurement and Attribution
- 10.1: How does Attribution Work?
- 10.2: Common Attribution Models
- 10.3: Common Measurement Challenges
- 10.4: Determining Length to Conversion
- 10.5: Conversion Touchpoints
11.0 Landing Pages
- 11.1: Landing Page Best Practices
- 11.2: Search Intent vs Webpage Purpose
- 11.3: Testing Landing Pages
- 11.4: Landing Page Case Studies
12.0 Mobile Search
- 12.1: Optimizing for Mobile
- 12.2: Mobile landing page best practices
13.0 Competitive Intelligence
- 13.1: CI Tools/ Programs
- 13.2: What competitive information is out there?
- 13.3: Should I bid on a competitors brand name?
- 13.4: Trade mark infringement rules
- 13.5: How to protect your brand
14.0 Upcoming Trends
- 14.1: Voice Activated Search
- 14.2: Personalization at Scale
- 14.3: Machine Learning
- I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to brought up to speed or has questions. Wasn’t sure what to expect, however I found the day incredibly valuable, engaging and inspiring. Excited to go to work tomorrow. Thank you! – Robin Brooks, Marketing, Exodus Travels
- Highly recommended course for people – Anonymous
- Vicki is a great presenter/instructor. Very much enjoyed the course and have a much better understanding of paid search. – Anonymous
If an attendee cancels his or her registration more than 14 days before the date of the seminar, the amount paid for the cancelled registration will be refunded in full. Registrations cancelled within 14 days of the seminar date will NOT be refunded.
NOTE: Only 2 cancellations or registrant substitutions are allowed per company, per course. A charge of $100 will apply to each additional cancellation or registrant substitution.
In the event that IAB Canada needs to cancel any seminar(s), a full refund or an opportunity to attend an equivalent future seminar(s), at the option of the attendee, will be provided by IAB Canada. However, IAB Canada shall not be responsible for, or offer any monetary compensation for, any expenses incurred by the registrant or attendee (including, but not limited to, non-refundable airline tickets, hotel fees or change fees) due to such a cancellation.
Please provide 48 hours notice before the course if you wish to transfer to the next session or transfer to a different course. Requests made less than 48 hours notice will not be accommodated.
Your email confirmation represents receipt of payment and confirmation for your seat(s) for the course, workshop or seminar(s). You are not confirmed until payment in full is received by IAB Canada, and a confirmation email is sent to you.
All printed materials provided by IAB Canada are meant for the exclusive use of the individual attendee, and no portion of any of the printed materials provided by IAB Canada may be scanned, copied, reproduced or in any other way distributed or made available for use by anyone but the original individual registrant or attendee at the session(s).