What Is The Transparency & Consent Framework Canada (TCF Canada)?
The Transparency and Consent Framework Canada (TCF Canada) acts as a roadmap for publishers, technology vendors, agencies, advertisers and digital marketers to ensure they are working under appropriate legal purposes for processing personal data in the Canadian market. TCF Canada provides technical specifications and policy documents to help players in the digital marketing and advertising ecosystem clearly and consistently communicate with end users about how their data is being used, while also providing an opportunity for users to object and manage their consent preferences.
Based off the revolutionary IAB EU TCF designed to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe, IAB Canada’s TCF is the only consent solution built for the industry by the industry. Leveraging over four years of in-market experience from one of the most stringently regulated markets, top engineers across the global supply chain have developed the framework to ensure scalability and enhanced features for North American adoption.
TCF Canada creates an environment where website publishers can tell visitors what data is being collected and how their website and the companies they partner with, intend to use it. The Framework gives the publisher and advertiser stakeholders a common language with which to communicate consumer consent for the delivery of relevant online advertising and content.
TCF Key Components
TCF Canada is a combination of key resources:
- TCF Canada Policy (English & French)
- TCF Canada Terms & Conditions
- Transparency and Consent String with Global Vendor List Format
- The Global Vendor List (GVL) captures and stores the registration of Vendors working with website publishers and advertisers, as well as Consent Management Platforms (CMPs) who work with publisher sites.
- The CMP Validator oversees the compliance process of CMPs participating in TCF Canada and will be launched in Q1 2023.
Please find below the English and French versions of the policy document
- IAB Canada Transparency & Consent Framework Policy – English
- IAB Canada Transparency & Consent Framework Policy – French
- TCF Canada for Vendors
- TCF Canada for CMPs
- TCF Canada for Publishers
- TCF Canada for Advertisers & Agencies
- TCF Canada Terms and Conditions
- TCF Canada Policy
If you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com.