A Publisher is an operator of a website, app or other content where digital advertisements are displayed or user information is collected and used for digital advertising, measurement and analytics, or content personalization.
Publishers must read and follow the TCF Canada Policy, specifically Policy that relates to the user interface that ensures a consistent presentation of the purposes for which the vendors they wish to work with may process personal data based on a user’s visit to the publisher’s website, app or other content.
Publishers following the TCF Canada Policy specifically perform the following:
- Select and control vendors they want to work with
- Provide users with transparency into the vendors selected by the publisher, and the purposes for which they process data
- Request and obtain informed consent to process data
- Transparently pass information relating to user choices to the ecosystem
- Either act as a CMP (in which case they would need to register as a CMP in the TCF Canada) or utilize the services of a CMP registered with the TCF Canada
- Support the use of data for measuring campaign effectiveness and the use of contextual advertising that requires access to user devices
For more on Consent Management Platforms, visit our Spotlight on Consent Management Platforms Resource Page.
Please find below the English and French versions of the Policy
- IAB Canada Transparency & Consent Framework Policy – English
- IAB Canada Transparency & Consent Framework Policy – French
- TCF Canada for Vendors
- TCF Canada for CMPs
- TCF Canada for Publishers
- TCF Canada for Advertisers & Agencies
- TCF Canada Terms and Conditions
- TCF Canada Policy
If you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com.